KIKI AND BORIS
Last night I didn't get in as much of a workout because Miriam and I saved a little dog from being killed. I was walking to the gym with Miriam on Ave Louise, which is a main street with 4 lanes of traffic. I saw this little fluffball darting all over frantically. I thought oh my god, that dog is going to get hit and I'm going to feel so bad. So I set Miriam and myself about chasing the little cutie. It just seemed completely upset and frantic - looking for its owner no doubt. We caught it and spent the next half hour calming it down and trying to find where to take it. He was completely distraught and breathing quickly with his little heart beating a million times a minute. A guy on the street said that its owner was drunk and left without the dog. We let the dog sniff around the neighborhood, tied to the end of Miriam's scarf, for a while and eventually a motorbike pulled up into the pedestrian street across Louisa from where we were. The little dog went "YIP YIP!" and pulled on Miriam's scarf. The motorbike was stopped at the moment and the little dog and I were running across four lanes of traffic. The guy started to leave and went to the other end of the pedestrian alleyway with little fluffball in full pursuit and me running behind. Finally we were able to catch up to the guy and the little dog put its paws on the guy's leg and the guy looked down and said "OH KIKI!". Apparently this guy had gotten drunk in front of the bar and his little dog ran off. He said he spent two hours looking for the dog and was so worried. He was a HUGE Eastern European guy missing a tooth with a leather jacket, yet had a dog named Kiki. I loved that. Miriam was disappointed that the dog didn't say thank you, although the owner was thrilled. It was so cute to see them reunited. I felt much better about myself despite the fact that I only got in part of my new workout plan, the 1200 calorie burner! I got on the running machine and went for 350 calories, stretched a bit and then did a few sets of 500m rowing runs. I noticed a Belgian woman getting on and trying to row, although she didn't strap her feet into the rower and was not able to get the hang of it. I noticed this as I got off to try another machine and came back to the rower next to her and started working out again. She was barely pulling the handle and when I did you could hear WHOOSHHHHH WHOOOSHHH. She was watching to see how I was doing it. I leaned over and said "You might want to try tightening those straps, it will make it easier." She looked startled but then did so. I showed her the technique and explained why you did things and how it would work on a real boat. She said "Like a rowboat?...", I thought...uh yeah something like that, but nodded my head anyway. She seemed happy to have it explained. Anyhow, I think I have my good karma for the week now :) Hopefully tonight I will burn a few more calories...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment